Browse (600 total)
- Temple Collection
The Temple Collection features images taken by the Wayne County Record newspaper staff. The newspaper, based in Fairfield, Illinois, ran from 1879-1961. John F. Temple and his brother, William, served as co-owners of the semiweekly publication from 1950 through 1961 when they sold the newspaper. After selling the Wayne County Record, John F. Temple went on to serve as editor of the Illinois Rural Electric News.
Photographs in this collection include images of people, places, and events in southern and central Illinois. Several photographs highlight life in Fairfield, Wayne City, and Mill Shoals including blood drives, holiday celebrations, and local school events.
Help improve access to historic documents by transcribing handwritten pages (look for START TRANSCRIBING or CONTINUE TRANSCRIBING documents) and reviewing the transcriptions of others (look for NEEDS REVIEW documents). Sign in or create an account and then select an item below to get started.